Vai al contenuto

Mini-Boards

Hello friends,

I thought it might be interesting to design a few mini-boards that can be printed on a single sheet of paper. These boards can be used as side locations for adventures that temporarily leave the main game board.

I drew several maps and chose these three designs to create first. The size of the map (8 x 14 squares) makes it a challenge to provide enough space for many game pieces. I used few hallways in order to leave more area for the rooms.

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions that you can give. Thank you!

DoYouLikeIT001.png

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

A few notes on the boards...

In Board 1, the diamond shapes in the largest room represent pillars that block diagonal attacks between opposite squares. 

I envision Board 2 as a good space for a long fight, starting with the heroes on the right end of the board. Perhaps they have to make it all the way to the room on the left to stop the bad guy or find the treasure. The walls can be either full height (floor to ceiling) or only the edges of terraced levels, allowing enemies to see the heroes coming from a distance.

In Board 3, the top left room has a water-over-stone-floor texture, representing either a flooded room or a bath. I like to think of this board as perhaps being someone's home, with the lower-left room being a sort of atrium.

All of the boards could use a border around the edge of the map; I'll add one to the next version.

Lastly, if anyone knows where to find more floor tile images that are suitable for HeroQuest maps, please share! I can't find nearly as many tile images as I would like.

Thanks!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

From my personal point of view, they are all wonderful. Compliments @@Issachar.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

It's a really good job @@Issachar, i'll wait for other improvements.  :icon_biggrin:

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

@@Issachar thanks; in the second mini-board can you add some shadows on the stairs and next to the walls? It will improve the idea of the different levels from the bottom to the upper floor.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hello again everyone and thank you for the kind words!

I have updated the first three mini-boards with stone-texture borders around the edges. The links in the original post should still work to view the updated versions.

Also, here is a fourth mini-board. This one is designed as a portion of a cemetery or necropolis. 

[inizio Admin Edit]

La Mini-Board del cimitero o necropoli è stata inserita ne La Fucina.

Il link è nel primo post del thread

[Fine Admin Edit]

In the largest building, the central room has a narrow hallway around it that you can fill with monsters, secret doors leading to treasure, or sarcophagus overlays from Return of the Witch King. The open grave at the top of the board should function as a standard pit, and the two squares with tombstones in them should be impassable.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

@@Issachar, can I upload it to La Fucina (the Download center of the Forum)?

Hi @@The MasTer!

You are welcome to upload these files, but you might prefer to use higher-resolution copies that would be better for printing. I've uploaded hi-res PNG files to Google Drive. Here are the links. Please let me know if these are not usable in La Fucina.

[inizio Admin Edit]

I file sono pubblicati ne La Fucina.

Il link lo trovate nel primo post del thread

[Fine Admin Edit]

Thanks!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Great Job!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti